We had one of those strange weekends where you're pretty busy the whole time, but come Sunday night you look around and wonder what you did. Unfortunately, I know what I DIDN'T do because my to-do list is still staring back at me!
One thing I was able to cross of the to-do list without barely any effort was preparing for the big consignment sale. I love consignment sales and the spring season is kicking off in the next couple weeks. I find such great deals on clothes for the kids, especially Gracie, since the selection of little girls stuff is always twice as much as that for boys. After Christmas, we started putting away toys the kids had abandoned in favor of their new presents, plus clothes that don't get passed down and other baby equipment. All in great condition. I had a nice little stash that would have allowed me to shop at the consignments sales (at the pre-sale no less) with a clear conscience. I had written out my tags back in January and just needed to start attaching them to the items. But as I started to go upstairs to work on that Sunday, Bassam said, "I'm not just saying this because it's a ton of work, but there are a lot of people who can really use this stuff after the tornadoes--let's find somewhere to donate it." So--consignment preparation got crossed off my list --and we got to help others at the same time. We loaded it all into Bassam's trunk and he is going to take it to an agency up in Gallatin (just north of Skyline), who is specifically mentioned a need for kids clothes and toys.
We got our third estimate on the countertops and I think that is the place we are going to use. Yeah!! Unfortunately, I think they were the place with the longest timeline, but hopefully, it will work out. I'm going to pick up some samples tomorrow so we can make a final decision on the type we want, although everytime we go in a place, we're drawn to the same color. Good sign, I think! Keep your fingers crossed!!
It's late and I need to snooze!!
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment