Thursday, April 17, 2008

Missing L's and lost keys

As I was running a few errands with the kids this morning and Gracie was chatting non-stop (as usual), I realized how much I love toddler-talk. Specifically, the dropping of the letter, "L."

Here were some of the things she said today:

"Get cookie at Pub-wix!"
"I pway outside at the Y"
"Have a snack, pweeze?"

And of course, my favorite,

"I wuv woo, Mommy!"


Late this morning we ventured off to Cheekwood for a picnic and some "outside time" since it was sunny and in the low 70s. The kids had a great time running around, rolling down the hills and chasing squirrels! The downside to this trip was that I lost my keys. I knew I dropped them after lunch before we went down to the ponds, so it was a limited space (kind of!). However, we had come through the grass and not knowing exactly where we had walked made looking very difficult. This was made even more hard by the fact that Gracie kept pointing into the pond saying, "I see them!" A nice woman and her kids helped us hunt (I say "us," but Matthew and Gracie weren't very interested in looking!"). Finally I found them nestled in the grass on one the hills. What a relief, especially since EVERYTHING, except for my camera was in the van!

At the finally -- you can see the picture of our breakfast nook!!

No comments: