It's a balmy 93 degrees in Brentwood as I type this. I just finished helping my friend Amy set up for the neighborhood bbq/pool party, which unfortunately, I can't attend since I have a band concert this afternoon. Worst part about it, is I don't think anyone will actually be at this concert, less family members of band members (not including mine, who I told to skip it!).
Despite the heat, we got some things done this weekend, including staining the deck (just the floor), which Bassam accomplished yesterday afternoon. I sanded and repainted the table for the deck this morning, plus got a bunch of things that have been "on list" inside as well. Matthew is also entering the world of home projects having participated in the Home Depot Kid's workshop on Saturday, where he built is very own catamaran! He is very proud of his orange apron and the pin he earned!

We took the kids to the pool last night. It's clear that Matthew needs some refresher swim lessons. I figured he probably would, but admittedly hoped he would not. Gracie, meanwhile, thinks she is ready for the 2008 Summer Olympics with all of her confidence in the water. Unfortunately, the "think system" popularized in the Music Man doesn't work for swimming or she'd be on her way. Still we all had a great time splashing around. Even at 7:00 last night, it was plenty hot.
On a sadder note, my freezer has taken ill again. Yes, the jubilation was short lived, but I am still confident we'll get it taken care of. We will be calling Bobby to come back see her again tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments:
Post a Comment