Thursday, October 1, 2009

What?

The Williamson County Band will be participating in the Free Day of Music at the Schermerhorn Symphony Center later this month. As we will be sharing the stage with the likes of Nashville Symphony, the Nashville Philharmonic and the Nashville Chamber Society (in addition to a number of non-professional group like ours), our director has been on a tear to get our group sounding our best. The acoustics of a symphony hall are much different than our typical venues, so balance is extremely important.

Tonight, our director did some shifting within the group to accomplish just that. There's just one bassoon, so I'm used to being shuffled about as space allows. But my new location? Awful. I've been relocated to between the baritones and trombones. Fine. The problem is I am also in front of the 1st trumpets and drums. Awful. Deafening. I. Am. Now. Hearing. Impaired.

No comments: