
Being done with soccer by 10, we had the whole day ahead of us, so we decided to make a visit to Gentry Farm. We almost always visit two pumpkin patches (and Matthew goes back to Gentry's for a field trip next week), but rarely this early in this season. Of course, the advantage was very light crowds and plenty of pumpkins still on the vine to pick yourself. We left with one BIG one and two smaller ones.
I took a slew of pictures, some of which I've included in the slide show below. However, my favorite shot is this one of Matthew. He picked this little pumpkin and held it up to show it off for the camera. Just as I snapped the picture, the stem broke off and the pumpkin fell to the ground. Too funny!
The kids had a sleepover at Grandma and Papa's last night while Bassam and I went to a wedding in Mount Juliet. As for the rest of the weekend, the beautiful weather of Saturday definitely did not carry over to today. It was rainy and cool all day -- plus the Titans had another loss, making all of us grumpy for one reason or another. Thankfully, it ended on a high note-- we got the fireplace going for the first time this year and toasted some marshmallows!




No comments:
Post a Comment