Thursday, March 4, 2010

Super Gracie

I'm convinced that tutus hold some magic power. What may look like just a mass of tulle, ribbon and sparkles is actually more like Superman's cape --it gives you super powers. Although in the case of a tutu, it gives you the freedom to dance and play with complete inhibition. Gracie has been known to pull one on over jeans and a dinosaur shirt and magically she is transformed into a princess who can twirl with the best of them -- instead of a rough and tumble little girl with grass stains on the knees of her pants.

After ballet today, Gracie and I took the dog out to play in the yard and enjoy some sunshine ourselves. I was going to snap some pictures of our daffodils (that emerged before the last two snows--I'm fairly sure they've stopped in their tracks) and found myself instead mesmerized by Gracie prancing around in the yard, dancing with her own shadow. She couldn't have been happier.

To be 3 and wearing a tutu . . . .

2 comments:

Tammy said...

wow - she is getting so big. I can't believe I haven't seen them in 8 months :(

Mindy said...

absolutely precious - so glad you caught the magic of the moments