Friday, April 9, 2010

Top 10

So, a lot has happened since I last blogged in earnest. I could write pages, but for the sake of my kids who I promised to pull out the bubble machine for at 2:30, I'm going to aim for a Top 10 list of sorts (I may only get to 8 . . . or go to 12 . . . who knows?).

1. Bassam started a new job on April 1st. Kind of. He is still with the Surgical Clinic, so that hasn't changed, but will be operating primarily at Centennial Hospital. He loved Skyline and the partner in that office (Greg), but there just wasn't enough work. Centennial is much busier and he is working as a Surgicalist, which means he takes all surgical patients that come in through the ER from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. So far so good!

2. Yes, Bassam is back on chocolate and Coke. Some people use their Lenten sacrfices to make long term changes. He is not among them. Neither am I. I just snarfed up some Easter candy. Yum.

3. Matthew, Gracie and I traveled to Chicago for Easter. We drove. Yes, I'm serious. I willingly drove 8 hours by myself with the kids. I rotted their brains with lots of videos and tried to balance it out with all kinds of educational games, cards, etc. Matthew actually preferred the latter. Gracie will take a video and a snack any day.

4. As we stayed in Illinois through Thursday, we were able to do lots of cool things. Highlights included the Brookfield Zoo, Adler Planetarium, a trip to Enchanted Castle with Aunt Amy, a shopping excursion at IKEA (kids are nuts about their play area), playtime in the park, flying kites, walking to Oberweiss for ice cream after dinner and more. It was so much fun ---but also exhausting.

5. The benefit of driving to Illinois? The Zapppos.com outlet in Shepherdsville, KY. A nice place to get out and stretch your legs---and stock up on some wickedly marked down footwear! Love it!

6. Oh, I forgot to mention we ate PORTILLOS! Yum. Yum. Yummy!

7. Also got to catch up with some of my best girls, Betsy, Beth, Mindy and Kim for dinner! Forgot to bring my camera, but had such a fab time! Got to meet Betsy's main squeeze, Mike! I miss my girlfriends soooo much!

8. Had an embarrassing experience of my oh-so-cute camo skirt from GAP tearing up the back while I was shopping in Nordstrom prior to this dinner. Yes, I'm serious! Didn't even tear on the seam. Clearly it was defective as my butt is not that big (and it was only my second wear). After dashing in to Ann Taylor Loft to purchase some not-on-sale shorts (I was meeting my friends afterwards and was DESPERATE), I hopped down to the GAP in Oakbrook, where they promptly found another one in a store in Chicago Ridge. Shipped and it was waiting on my doorstep when I got home yesterday. Thank you, Gap!

9. Returned home on our 10th wedding anniversary. I seriously cannot believe it's been that long! Our big anniversary dinner included subs at Lenny's and frozen yogurt. I know, not very exciting. We're going out this weekend and taking vacay together this summer! Can't wait!

10. Today was spent running, doing laundry, giving the dog a bath and playing outside. The weather is absolutely fabulous!

Having said that, it is now 2:28 and the bubbles are awaiting . . . . .

1 comment:

Mindy said...

yeah - we got mentioned in the blog!! we miss you too :(