Is it just me, or is anyone else's kids driving them nuts lately?
Holy cow.
It is currently 5:30 pm. Kids are eating a gourmet dinner of chicken breast tenders (frozen), green beans (also frozen) and tangerines (thankfully, fresh). I really knocked it out of the park for this one.
Matthew may or may not be going to soccer at 6:00 because he and Bennett took Gracie's piggy bank and hid it in his room. In an attempt to be sure she wouldn't get it back, they locked and closed the door behind them. I have been doing the coat-hanger-to-the-lock for half an hour and still haven't gotten it open. Nice. What happened to the "we don't lock doors" rule? Apparently it didn't apply to either of my kids today, as part of the reason the boys did it is because they were mad the girls had locked themselves in Gracie's room to play "secret princesses" and wouldn't let them in. I don't know what that game entails, but she shouldn't have locked her door either. Nevermind the fact that a couple of 6 year old boys shouldn't really be interested in playing "secret princesses."
For now, we're waiting for Bassam to come home. I guess the next step must be taking off the door knob. Admittedly, I'm kind of letting Matthew stew for a bit, as I've told him he may not get to go to soccer since all his soccer clothes and shoes are in his room. This brought on a flood of tears, as you might imagine.
Tomorrow will be a better day.
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You were having a "mama said there would be days like this" kind of day.....yes, I've definitly been there. Hang in there, it's Friday now! That alone always makes me feel better!
And I forgot to mention - chicken tenders and green beans for dinner is pretty common around here. I'm impressed you thought to add tangerines!
Post a Comment