This is not my best day on record . . . On the positive front, today is Matthew's last full day of school. He jumped on the bus with a present and homemade card for Mr Mack (the bus driver) and couldn't wait to get to school. He was dressed for "Knights and Princesses Day," excited about what the day would hold. Hello, don't you love the AC/DC shirt with the knight cape?
In the meantime, Gracie and I headed to ballet. Regardless of any possible missing sensitive chip I may have (by the way, thanks for the support of my lack of sniffles, friends!!), I really think ballet is just not our bag. Okay, it's not MY bag. Today we got the last of our recital necessities including a stupid looking poofy mass of curls that you are supposed to pin on top of your daughters head. As if that wasn't dumb enough, Gracie's is not red. Nor is it orange. It is brown with some reddish undertones. Not even close. Her teacher had found the perfect color match in the fake hair company's swatches, but since found out they don't make this particular hairpiece in that color. Why not? Because no one orders it. Well, there is now one very irritated mommy and one unhappy 4 year old who takes exception to that logic. All this comes out this morning---and recital pictures are this afternoon. While I have made my displeasure known --I have a feeling more will be shown at pictures, especially if snotty ballet mom comes up to me one more time and suggests I put a bunch of gel in Gracie's hair when I pull it back so it looks dark and matches the hairpieces. Ummmm . . . I don't think so. And by the way MIND YOUR OWN FREAKIN' BUSINESS! Hopefully the dirty look I shot her conveyed that message, but if not, I may need to use a more direct method of communication this afternoon.
Why does this hair thing have me so upset? I have no idea. And it is making me mad that I'm mad about it.
After ballet, Gracie and I headed over to Kenrose to help serve up snow cones to the kindergartners at recess. It was a surprise for all of them and Matthew was so excited to see us there! We served up all 120 kids and then a huge rainstorm came along. Gracie (not a fan of thunder) started wailing and we made quick departure for home. Of course to do so, I had to run out to the very last parking spot in the lot in the pouring rain, pull the car up, dash up to the front door and get Gracie (who was waiting with the secretary) and then get her in the car. Safe to say, I was soaked, although Gracie managed to stay reasonably dry. She is currently vegging out in front of the TV before we start getting ready for our pictures at 3:30.
.
I'm trying hard not to let my grumpiness get the best of me. So far as I can tell, being grumpy takes twice as much energy as being happy (or at least content). I probably have enough to do without expending energy being grumpy at fake hair, snotty moms and thunderstorms.

1 comment:
She will always be unique because of the hair.....and ALWAYS be identified by it!! Hang in there sis, redheads are too special to have hair bought off the rack!
Post a Comment