Saturday, January 29, 2011

Belle!

Gracie started her busy social season (which includes the addition of a 4th party since I last wrote about it) today with Rachel's birthday party.   Miss Rachel loves all things princess, so the girls were asked to come dressed up to help her celebrate her 5th birthday.

Gracie decided to go as Belle, so after Matthew's basketball game we went about the business of getting princess-ready.   I borrowed the curling iron my mom leaves here and gave her curls (we had to do big hair, of course . . . this is the South!).   We ignored Coco Chanel's advice to remove one item before leaving the house and instead  put on multiple bracelets, a ring, a necklace and tiara before Gracie declared, "I am Belle . . . except with orange hair!"

The party was a smash!   And all the little girls had a great time.

As I looked at Gracie in my rearview mirror driving home, I noticed her orange curls been reduced to little bends in the bottom of her hair, despite large amounts of hairspray.  Within a few minutes of being home, the tiara and jewelry were gone and she was gobbling candy from the pinata in her regular play clothes.  

And I began to think -- was she Belle or Cinderella changing back after the clock struck midnight?

No comments: