That's what the Helou kids have to work on.
Matthew had hoop practice last night. The boys were pretty fired up after losing Saturday 24 to 4. Ouch. I wasn't there to see it--but according to one of the coaches, our opponent had a kid who made everything he shot, many of which were three pointers (although only worth 2 points in YMCA league basketball). Matthew was good on defense although this go 'round had two fouls called on him (see that doesn't sound so good --but the coach assures me he was going awesome!). Yesterday's practice was lots of rebounding (which none of them tend to do!) and shooting, including free throws. Hopefully it will help for next weekend's game.
Gracie started gymnastics last week. I can't remember if I wrote about that or not. She declared she was not playing soccer this spring, so we agreed to let her try something else until swimming started up. She joined a class that has been together since the fall, so she is a bit behind, but having a great time. We had our second class today and it looks like cartwheels is where we should focus our efforts this week (which would be so much easier if she could go outside and do it). Gracie's habit of looking at you out of the corner of her eye is being called out, as the teacher tells her she needs to look straight on before doing a tumble. If being good at gymnastics is an incentive for her to lose that Gracie-ism, I'm all about it. The opthomologist told us it wasn't anything to do with her eyes--just a habit she had adopted. She suggested it would pass if we didn't make a big deal about it. I'm not sure that approach has panned out, so hopefully some encouragement from Miss Stacey at gymnastics will do the trick.
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment