Borrowing an idea from Mindy over at Double Chocolate Thoughts again . . . . my resolution to "purge more" (purge STUFF, of course), will be far more productive if I put a number on it. She set the goal at 10 a day. For you math people out there, that makes for purging 3,650 items in 2011.
I went way above that today--hauling three bags over to the Goodwill. Plus, I cleaned out my bathroom drawers tossing out countless toiletry/cosmetic-type items. Then I went into the medicine boxes and got rid of all the stuff that expired. I'm not gonna lie. I tossed a big haul. Compacts with just a smidge of blush left, a bottle of foundation that never worked for me, gift-with-purchase tubes of mascara that make your lashes look spikey and weird (yet for some reason I held on to them!), not to mention the expired Nyquil gelcaps and Dramamine tablets.
Whew!
In more exciting news, Matthew had his first basketball game this morning. In a completely un-motherly moment I didn't have either a camera or video camera with me. I was, however, the "snack mom" so I was kind of laden down with Capri Sun, goldfish crackers and fruit roll ups. The team was counting on me!
Anyway, the Sharks lost . . . but only by a few points. Matthew played decent defense, but was called three times for double dribbling. Oops! I have a feeling there will be lots of work on rebounding (not sure our team got a single one) and dribbling at practice on Monday!
Saturday, January 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
So glad you're on board, friend. And yes, you can totally do three (or more!) days items in one day....I plan to do that at times this year...thanks for joining me!
Post a Comment