The kids were at their respective camps today while I tried to plow through a massive to do list of errands. I was semi-successful and both kids had a great time at camp. Can't complain about that.
Tonight, Bassam had a dinner to attend so the kids and I went to the Y for swim practice. Gracie had hers at 5:30 and Matthew at 6:30. Since that was smack in the middle of dinner hour, I figured I would bring dinner along and the kids could eat while the other one was swimming.
But since the to do list of errands took much longer than expected, I didn't have time to make the dinner I planned for our "YMCA picnic" and ended up picking up two Lunchables at Publix (the kind that has meat, cheese, a small hoagie roll, applesauce, a bottle of water and a packet of kool aid mix) and hoped for the best.
But it turns out, my slacker-mother decision was inspired --or at least lucky. Because they loved them. Both raved about what a great meal it was and thanked me profusely for getting them.
I must say, I can't remember the last thing I made that got that kind of reaction. . . . and certainly not from both of them over the same meal. Yet this thing I bought at the store with processed lunch meat ranks high on their list of favorite meals?
I'm not sure how to feel about that.
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment