Ahhh . . . . bliss.
Well, another Halloween in the books! After school we went to the Stone's Halloween Potluck dinner and then the kids hit the streets. Gracie surprised me by opting to start out with Matthew and his pal, Jackson. She is usually put off by their warp-speed pace, but decided to give it a go. She made it about halfway down the main drag through the neighborhood before having Bassam call me to pick her up.
Meanwhile, I was on candy handout duty. As the two neighbors on the end of our cul-de-sac were not home tonight, I grabbed our bowl of candy and Charlie (who once again donned his doctor costume!) and joined Barry and Leigh around their fire pit to hand out candy. It was a wonderfully chilly night for trick-or-treating, although Gracie was less thrilled to be wearing two layers under her Daphne dress as a coat was unthinkable (which I totally understand --it ruins the look!). All in all, a great Halloween! Now it's time to check out the kids' stash!


No comments:
Post a Comment