Thursday, October 27, 2011

Shhhh!

Four days of Book Fair down and one to go. 

Yes, it was another long day at Kenrose today.   But I'm really not complaining.  We are having a very successful sale and the volunteers have been terrific.   Having said that, I was glad to get a "break" late this morning  when I ran up to North Nashville to the Scholastic Warehouse to pick up an order that we wouldn't otherwise get until tomorrow.  At least 3 other Brentwood grade schools are doing Book Fair this same week and I'm convinced that is at least part of the reason why the deliveries from Scholastic are constantly delayed and more title are out-of-stock. 

And did I mention in the last 24 hours I have completely lost my voice?    I can whisper.   Not much more.  This made being a cashier during Donuts for Dad this morning difficult, but we ran three registers to keep things moving and we had to have the fastest people running them.   Luckily, I was able to grab another volunteer as my sidekick . . . she bagged up my orders and hollered out answers when my scratchy whisper couldn't be heard.

For now, it's just lots of hot tea and honey.  I can't say that it's helping, but I don't know what else to do.

Well, besides stop talking.

No comments: