Saturday, December 3, 2011

The day the lights went out in Brentwood -- again!

Today's post has inspired a new blog tag that I clearly could have used a zillion times since I started blogging.   We're going to call it "things that didn't go as planned."

Okay, a zillion might be an exaggeration, but I'm willing to stand by a half zillion.

See, I'm feeling a bit of deja vu.   Without looking, I'm fairly certain I wrote a very similar post last year or the year before.  Why?  Because today when I unpacked the pre-lit garland that we use to decorate our front door and porch half of it no longer lit up.

HALF!   

Refusing to make yet another trip to Target, I decided to make due with what I had and simply used the still-lit-for-now garland around the front door with some of that wide mesh ribbon.   IAs for the porch rails, I had to settle for simply wrapping them with lights.  I realize this does not photograph particularly well in the day time, but if I get a decent night shot, I'll post it.

The awesome snowflake lights I purchased at Wannamakers in DG did not look as nice as I thought as they might on the crape myrtle.  I think it's the white cord, maybe?   However, it did work on the cypress trees in front of the garage, along with another string of  white lights.  They have these nifty reflective disks under the lights that I think will sparkle nicely.   

In less aggravating decorating news . . .

We bought our tree last night and it's unfurling on our deck as I type this.  I'm hoping we'll decorate it tonight.    Also, while the kids were at school yesterday, I decked their rooms a bit with their own tree.   I kid you not, they were screaming with excitement when they came home.   Wildly grateful children make for good motherhood moments, no? 
 

2 comments:

Dana said...

Please don't judge that I still have wooden pumpkins on my front porch. You are inspiring me!!!

Mindy said...

I love the Mickey Mouse ears tree topper!