Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Book fair week

We're in the middle of Book Fair week at school    I love Book Fair and I'm convinced being the chair is one of the best PTO posts.  It's a crazy week or two each semester, but then you're done.  And nobody asks you to do much of anything else because you ran such a big event.   Still, I'm there all day, every day, less about an hour and 15 minutes.  Tonight was family night so it meant staying late until 7:30.    Thursday and Friday it means arriving at 7:20 am to open up early to grab the crowd in for Muffins for Mom before school.

Nevermind that I'm one of the moms who should be enjoying those muffins.

Really, I think the dads have it better.  They get donuts.  I'm all for alliteration, but donuts top muffins any day.

But back to the point of my post (if there is one), finding the balance to get it all done is something I clearly haven't accomplished during my weeks of Book Fair chaos.  About an hour ago, I finished up Matthew's Robert E Lee costume (presentation is tomorrow after all!) and I don't mind admitting that I used HOT GLUE to attach both the buttons and all the gold trim to the grey-ish jacket I found at a thrift store.

Nevermind it is a woman's jacket.   Shhhh.  Please don't tell Matthew. 

I didn't have a solid meal plan in place for the entire week, which has made dinners a little haphazard.  But the kids have clean clothes.  The house is clean tidy-ish. 

Yet despite those successes, I still feel like I'm just barely getting by.    For the third day in a row I haven't remembered to call the kids' dentist during business hours to ask why I keep getting reminders to schedule Matthew's appointment, when I'm 100% 94% certain I scheduled one at our last cleaning.    I was ecstatic that I remembered to call B's mom this evening to wish her a happy birthday.  Even though we celebrated with them on Sunday, a birthday call is always in order.    Luckily, I remembered at 7:30 pm, not 10:30 pm. 

And let's throw another one in here . . . HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

My point in all this rambling?  To all my friends who get it all done and make it look easy---I tip my hat to you.  You are truly amazing women.

No comments: