Well, it's Sunday night and I have absolutely nothing to show for the weekend.
Nada.
Yesterday, we broke up the monotony of breathing treatments with tennis lessons for Matthew and a birthday party for Gracie. I slipped away to the mall while Gracie was at Pump-it-Up and picked up a few odds and ends, including snagging up some of the new scents on the anti-bacterial soap at Bath & Body Works. I'm not sure my new Mango Mai Tai hand soap will transport me back to my Hawaiian vacation in 2010, but it can't hurt. Who needs a vacation? I do! I do!
We awoke to fat, wet snowflakes falling to the ground this morning, with wet being the key word. They melted immediately upon hitting the ground, but it was so beautiful to see. We had talked about doing day trip to somewhere today, but since we never established a solid plan and both Matthew and I are under the weather, we decided to have a leisurely, no-plans kind of day instead. We went to church, had lunch and this afternoon, Bassam lined George Lucas' pockets further by taking the kids to see Star Wars in 3D at the theater. I consider myself a Star Wars traditionalist and have no interest in seeing Episodes 1, 2 and 3 again, so I opted to stay home. I envisioned myself tackling a pile of ironing or working on putting together a Robert E. Lee costume (more on that another day), but instead found myself sucked into switching between Groundhog Day and The Bodyguard on tv. Now both "I Got You, Babe" and "I Will Always Love You" are stuck in my head.
Let me tell you, this combined with a sinus headache, is less than ideal.
Sunday, February 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment