Friday, September 28, 2012

Family Fun Night!

Another highly-anticipated Family Fun Night in the books.

I spent almost the entire day setting up at school. The early part of the evening was spent enjoying the festivities with my kids and the later part of the evening wrapping up the auction and doing check out.   We won only a couple items in the silent auctions, but managed to donate a nice chunk of change to the school with dinner and tickets for the kids to spend on Kona Ice, Cotton Candy, hair painting (Gracie) and other activities.  I think Matthew actually left with a handful  of unused tickets,  as he was perfectly happy to engage in all the free things, like inflatables, the mobile gaming truck, and other games.   Safe to say, they crashed hard tonight and I'm right behind them. 

In other news, I was feeling oh-so-positive about my kitchen when I learned that not only were my new chairs in (although I'm not having them delivered until next Friday), but my dining room light fixture was, too . . . a whole two weeks early.

We don't generally  use the words "ahead of schedule" and "early" when talking about our kitchen.

Admittedly, my joy was short lived when the hood installers and dude who does the duct work had their wires crossed (figuratively speaking) and did not get my long-awaited hood installed this afternoon as planned.   I'm sure it will happen Monday and the tile guy will get to work alongside them.  But I must admit, it stole my joy just a tiny bit when I arrived home and the hood was still sitting in my garage.

Sigh.

The good news is the last of the cabinets are supposedly to be installed early next week.   Assuming they can be painted and faux-finished soon thereafter, we have a fighting chance of having the kitchen pertneer finished next Friday.

And so I smile thinking about a  finished kitchen.  And a bigger smile for being able to use the word "pertneer" in this post, which totally makes me think of my Grandma and Grandpa. 

It's the little things.


  

No comments: