I found my watch!
But not after completely tearing up my dresser drawers, bathroom drawers and bedside table.
And wouldn't you know, I found it between the couch cushions. I couldn't explain that if I tried.
Nevertheless, I was super relieved to find it and look forward to the next hunt. Not really, but I know that one is coming. I just don't know what it is I will be looking for.
Matthew had his first basketball game this morning. He fouled twice, made 5 or 6 good (but unsuccessful) attempts at baskets, had a good steal and managed to keep the guys he was defending from scoring, too. Although his team won 29-14, the game was actually more even matched than the score would tell. One of the kids on Matthew's team hit almost every shot he put up. Haven't seen his do anything like that in practice, so it was a nice surprise for game day. The other surprise was the fact that some other family also brought post-game treats today. As the official "team mom" of Matthew's team, I am responsible for coordinating the schedule. I volunteered for the first week and sent out an email to the rest of the team with a link to fill up the rest of the schedule (using one of my very favorite websites--signupgenius.com). As of this morning, not one other stinkin' family had bothered to sign up yet.
It's Gatorade and goldfish crackers, people. It's just not that complicated.
In other news, I've decided I'm currently paying the price for my clear complexion during my teen years. Or maybe for not being as kind to my sister as I should have in regards to her less-than-clear complexion. Either way, on Christmas Eve I had one of those horrible lumps on my nose that was still under the skin and hadn't fully emerged as a pimple. It hurt like crazy, so after attempting the whole warm compress thing and what not, when Christmas rolled around I attempted to pop it.
Bad, bad, bad.
Reallllly bad.
All I ended up with was a big open sore on my nose that developed into a scabby mess. And it took well over a week to heel up. In fact, today was the first day I looked at it and though it was almost back to normal. And guess what? This afternoon, just centimeters below the "scene of the crime," I can feel another one forming!
NOOOOOOOO!!!!
I've suggested to my husband that it might actually be a tumor and not "30-something acne." He was unimpressed by my diagnosis, which was especially irritating since I couldn't even get him to look up from the football game to look at it. When I muttered something under my breath about that he suggested that maybe it wasn't "30-something acne" at all, but "40-something acne."
Low blow.
I realize an update on my complexion wasn't exactly what you were probably hoping for when you stopped by today. I'll try to work on something a little more exciting for tomorrow. And to keep my hands off my face.
Saturday, January 5, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Glad you found your watch.
I found, or rather Dad found, the flag bag.
Post a Comment