Book fair is O-VAH!
By 1:30 this afternoon, all the boxes were packed up, the library put back together, the money counted, the credit card slips tallied and the final paperwork finished.
And with that, I breathed a sign of relief.
As I returned home to my messy house, piles of laundry and dust bunnies under my furniture, I was reminded of the cost of the last two weeks. Never mind the financial cost of the bags of books that I purchased for my kids and their teachers.
I'm a sucker for books.
But the payoff is also books. Books in my kids hands. More books in their classroom. And most importantly, the proceeds from the book fair used to purchase hundreds of new books for the school library.
And yet despite all these books, as I make our to-do list for the weekend, you know what we're doing tomorrow?
Going to the public library.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment