Monday, April 1, 2013

Why do I have 5 cans of baked beans?



Despite gray skies and some showers in the morning and early afternoon, Easter was a lovely day.   Our small church was bursting at the seams, the egg hunt after worship (which I coordinated--and had to be set up inside at the last minute!) was a success, Matthew and Gracie were thrilled with the goodies left by the Easter Bunny at our house and Bassam got to resume eating chocolate and drinking Diet Coke, having given them both up for Lent.

Life is good.


Despite that, I was glad for Monday to come around (Wow!  Who says that?!?!).  My little "April Fools" were back at school and I was able to catch up on PTO work, get the church newsletter out, and make a trip to Sam's Club and Target.

Having just spent the better part of last week at Tammy's house, I found myself re-inspired to spend time organizing my house.   I understand this is an oft recurring theme in my life, but if you were to spend time at her place, you would feel it, too.   Tammy would argue she has no choice but to be organized with limited space in her condo and has no one else to pick up after, but I appreciate and admire her organization and wouldn't mind infusing a bit of it in to my house. 
 
After spotting a set of OXO POP Containers (airtight, stackable containers that keep your dry food fresh with a push button on the lid) like Tammy's at Sam's this morning, I decided my first task would be the pantry. 
 
I should probably be embarrassed to show you how untidy my pantry was, but here goes.  I did already have some bins for granola bars, oatmeal packets and the vast amounts of candy that found it's way in to our house on Easter, but still things were kind of messy.  There were also things like two opened boxes of graham crackers and enough rice and baked beans to feed everyone on our street for 3 days.  



So now  . . . for your viewing pleasure I present another slightly-blurry photo of the new-and-improved pantry!   Ta da!!!! 

 It's not perfect, but it looks so much better and I know all the open dry goods will stay fresh!  Thanks for the inspiration, Tammy!

Now . . . what should I do tomorrow?

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Glad you found the containers at Sam's. My organization is really just a fact of my laziness - it takes less time and effort for me to find things.

Tammy said...

Glad you found the containers at Sam's. My organization is really just a fact of my laziness - it takes less time and effort for me to find things.