Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day

It occurred to me on Wednesday that I never got the Valentine's decorations up at our house. 

I know . . . nothing gets past me. 

I don't have as much for Valentine's as I have for Christmas or Halloween, but there is still a decent stash packed away in a large Rubbermaid in the attic.  

And this year, it is apparently going to stay in the Rubbermaid in the attic.

I'm usually ready to put up it all up immediately after the Christmas stuff comes down.  It's always a bit depressing when you put it away and the house looks decidedly naked during the entire month of January.  

But when the last week of January came, it was time for book fair.   Y'all may have read once or twice (or maybe twenty times) that I can barely keep my kids in clean clothes during book fair, so obviously, decking the halls with hearts, cupids and all things red and pink wasn't going to happen.

It's now been a week since book fair ended.  And I caught up on the laundry, cooked some decent meals, made sure everyone had a lunch every day, helped my dad unpack tools, made Valentines and valentine's boxes with the kids and even got a pedicure.

But no Valentine's decorations.

But still it's been a great day.  The kids made me beautiful Valentine cards, Bassam surprised me with flowers, I went to the kids' class parties and tonight we're going out for Mexican for dinner.

And this weekend, my list of things to do DOES NOT include taking down Valentine's decorations.

Happy Valentine's Day!



1 comment:

Mindy said...

It occurred to me earlier in the week, kind of a, "Oh yeah, I have that Valentine bin!" moment. It was fleeting, as it completely left my mind until I read this post;) In January I have quite the snowmen themed collection of winter decorations that I put up and keep up thru end of February - easy enough to mix in a few hearts, but makes it easy to forget to get them out!

Almost time for eggs and flowers and bunnies!