Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Snow day . . .but not really!

Have you seen all that weather hitting the South?   Guess what?  We're getting NONE OF IT! 

But that didn't stop us from having a snow day today.   Did it rain?  Yes it did!  Did it sleet?   For a little bit, yes it did!  Did it do anything that would have prevented safe travel to and from school at any point during the day?    No, it did not!

After spending part of the morning at my mom and dad's new place, Matthew had his pal Gavin over this and Gracie went over to Will's.  And guess what?  She RODE HER BIKE THERE!  Clearly road conditions are not an issue.

I love a snow day!  Deep down, I'm still the kid watching TV, praying that my school district pops up on the screen (and it rarely did!).  But I really do prefer them with snow.  Don't get me wrong, a day spent with extra time in our PJs, eating Sonic for lunch and playing with friends is great, but adding some sledding in to the mix would have been AWESOME!

1 comment:

Mom said...

If you still mean it, I'll sew patches when I get there.