As I mentioned earlier this week, my kids enjoyed a long weekend with my parents in Pigeon Forge this past weekend. Matt and Gracie had a BALL and have been talking about it NON STOP since they got home. Yes, non-stop. Bassam and I had bounced around the idea of Dollywood in the past, but it never came to pass.
And this is Tennessee. We love all things Dolly. Based on the pictures my mom sent, it seems she was the official photographer and my dad was on "ride duty" with the kids.
Gus even did the roller coasters with daredevil Matt, ignoring my advice to wait in line with him and then step through the ride car to meet him afterwards. Matthew loved very single ride (and described them in intricate detail). I'm not sure my dad was quite as enthused, but he gets a gold star (or ten) for being such a good sport.
The second day was spent at WonderWorks. I think this was the highlight for all four of them. Honestly, I want to go there after hearing about it. . . . rock climbing, ropes courses and more all in an upside down building?!? So fun!
They also spent lots of time in the hotel pool, which included a lazy river and slides, plus they did dinner at the Dixie Stampede. If it hadn't happened yet, I'm fairly certain after a weekend in Pigeon Forge, my parents have been fully indoctrinated to the South.
I love that my kids have gotten to have so many adventures with my parents. Those are such special memories that the kids will carry with them always. I've said it here before, nothing about traveling with kids is relaxing, especially sharing one hotel room with kids who snore, talk and laugh in their sleep. Yet, my parents seem to do it with ease. . . . maybe because they know in a few short days they will be dropping them back with us.
Thanks, Mom and Dad.

No comments:
Post a Comment