The kids had plans to go hiking and sleep over at Aunt Tammy's tonight, so I found myself sans children for the first time in quite a while. Although I did have an event to work at school this morning (first official day back for teachers) and an appointment in the afternoon, I found myself with several hours open and nothing to do (except for laundry. . . duh!).
First, I did some shopping. It's tax free weekend in Tennessee, which is usually to be avoided in my book, but I decided it wouldn't be so bad if I just shopped for myself and avoided things like school supplies and kids shoes. Except quite frankly, I couldn't find anything for myself. Isn't that always how it goes?!? I did come home with an embarrassingly large stash of clothes for the kids, 1/3 of which will be returned because I wasn't sure on sizes, so in many cases bought two.
However, in an attempt to take back some of the day for myself, I made an appointment for my very first blowout. In the last 6-9 months, a couple "blowout bars" have opened around Nashville. I had never been to one, but always thought it looked fun. It's basically a salon, except there are no scissors or hair color. It's kind of like the way old ladies used to go to the "beauty parlor" to get their hair set. I had bought a 1/2 price coupon on Living Social or one of those websites a while back and decided today was the day to redeem it.
In less than 40 minutes, my hair had been washed, blow dried and styled. Between the heat and humidity of summer and the agony of growing out my bangs, my hair has seen little more than ponytails and buns since May. It was kind of fun to go out to dinner with Bassam and have my hair down . . . and not a big, bushy mess to boot! Apologies for the crummy selfie, but since someone will undoubtedly ask, I figured I'd better who how it looked and Bassam has gone back to work.
Now if I could only find a way to keep from waking up from crazy bed-head in the morning!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
You look amazing! And that is a terrific selfie :)
I am thinking of trimming a few inches of my hair so I can style it more often....but then, would have to give up the bun and ponytail hairstyles and I'm not sure I can do it.......
Post a Comment