Because our principal and other teachers will be in Washington, DC next week receiving the National Blue Ribbon Award, we celebrated Veterans Day at Kenrose today. The kids were so excited that Gus was here so they could invite him to the assembly. They got to sit with him at the front of the gym and go to the reception beforehand for some breakfast treats.
Wherever there are donut holes, good times will follow.
There were about 30 Kenrose family vets on hand, including a number of active duty military members. I really love that our school does this event.
The Daughters of the American Revolution presented our school with a large portrait of George Washington in honor of one of our teacher's grandmothers, who was a teacher and a big deal in the D.A.R.
I don't know much about the DAR, except that in addition to being very generous, they like to talk. A lot. When there are 800+ squirming school aged children involved, maybe you should keep comments brief. Very brief.
Anyway, My dad informed me that I could pursue being a member of the DAR, via a line through his mom's family. Not sure they are "my people," but I suppose it's good to know.
Wednesday, November 5, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment