He is risen indeed! Alleluia!
Although Bassam started the day at the hospital (he's on call this weekend --Boo!), the kids and I spent a beautiful morning at church.
The kids and I arrived to early to stuff some last minute eggs, flowered the cross, went to worship and then with the help of some of my sweet high school girls at church, we hid 600 eggs that the kids at church scooped up in less than 5 minutes.
Okay, less than 3 minutes.
A good time was had by all!
After church, we rushed home to get things ready for a late Easter lunch. My parents, Amy, Tammy and our friend Rundi joined us for a yummy dinner of ham, hash brown casserole, 2 kinds of salad, homemade bread and strawberry pie It was nice enough to eat on the porch, which was awesome. Tammy brought her puppy, Coco, who Charlie spent the afternoon ignorning. He's so classy.
By 4, everyone was gone. Amy was heading back to the airport. Bassam was back at the hospital and I enjoyed a bit a of peace and quiet while the kids played outside. Of course, peace and quiet are always short lived. Before I knew it, we were in the usual Sunday night frenzy of packing backpacks, picking out clothes, reviewing the calendar and making lists.
Back to reality? Perhaps. But I'm holding on tightly to the joy of Easter!! Christ is Risen!




No comments:
Post a Comment