On Saturday, woke up another year older. Okay, technically, I woke up another day older, but how I answer the question, "How old are you?" has officially changed (although "None of your business" still works).
42.
Sigh.
While Matt and Bassam played a round of golf, Gracie and I went in to Franklin for the Main St. Festival. We ended up running in to Tammy and her friend Rachel who was visiting from Miami, so together we checked out all the art, jewelry and other things that a good festival brings, ate a Kona ice and bought a bag of kettle corn for Bassam. Despite a bad forecast, the day ended up sunny, warm and beautiful, so we spent as much of the day outside as possible. My folks and B's parents came over for dinner and we did a joint family birthday party for me and Gracie (her birthday is Tuesday). Bassam and the kids got me a beautiful Fender Alkaline Trio Malibu Acoustic Guitar, plus I got some fun jewelry, a new wallet and the DVD set of West Wing season 4 from my parents and the in-laws, so it was good to be me!This morning we went to church, grabbed a quick lunch and then were off to LP Field for the Kids Marathon. Both kids were happy to have a good friend to run with. Gracie ran with her pal Amelia. Matt did the race with his friend Gavin as planned, but ended up running during the heat for 3rd grade boys, along with Gavin's brother. Since it is not a timed raced and it got us out of there at least an hour earlier, it was worth it. Everyone was happy to add another piece of hardware to their collection!
After the race, we went to Tammy's to celebrate her birthday (tomorrow) and have dinner at Taco Mamacitas! Yummy! She is more than happy to tell anyone who will listen that I am currently older than she is. Tomorrow will be a different story.
Now I'm looking to the busy week ahead, the many loads of laundry that await me and for the kids, TCAP testing, that begins on Friday.
Ready, set, GO!


1 comment:
Alas - I have now caught up, and at least briefly we are as old as Bassam
Post a Comment