Despite being up before 6:30 and not having to get on the bus until 8:00 am, mornings can be inexplicably hectic around here.
For example, this morning, when Matt went to the shower around 7:15 he pulled the door of his bedroom shut, because "Gracie might try to go in there."
Truth be told, she might.
Unfortunately, the door was locked for some reason (crazy to me since they are FORBIDDEN from locking their doors), so when Matt came out of the shower he unable to get in to his room. I grabbed a wire hanger and went to work on it around 7:30. For some reason, it wasn't opening easily, so as I continued to twist, turn and poke the metal in to the door knob, I began trying to formulate "Plan B" in my head. He could probably find something to wear in the bin of clothes in the guest room that are waiting to go to his cousin Oliver. A little small, but it could work. While he could wear a pair of my running socks, the problem that remained that was underwear. The kid could not go to school without underwear. I decided if I didn't have it open by 8, we were going to Target and I'd drop him at school after we grabbed some.
At 7:53, I finally got the door open. He dressed in a flash and was at the bus stop at 8:00 am.
And now I'm going to put a piece of tape over the lock like I did when he was 3.
Friday, April 10, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment