So Matt spent yesterday and today at middle school orientation.
Y'all....I am not ready for this.
NOT AT ALL.
The takeaways? He LOVES the Art teacher. But as he told me, "It's too bad I don't really like art." I personally think it requires more patience than he cares to expend, but that's only a mama's humble opinion. But he did find out the Art Teacher is the advisor for the Ultimate Frisbee club, so Matt thinks he wants to join that now. Matt also apparently came in 5th place in the Locker Olympics. Sure, it's out of medal contention, but I'm thinking that's pretty good. He fretted a bit about remember his combination, but I told him that age 42, I still remembered that my high school locker combination was 25-8-35.
Then he told me he ate lunch by himself today because he just didn't know where to sit.
My heart broke a little bit.
How can a kid who will brag about being 5th in the Locker Olympics not have the confidence to sit down with a group of people he doesn't know/know well?
So I continue to wait for things to get easier.
Wednesday, May 27, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment