Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Saying goodbye to the tooth fairy . . . .

Matt put a tooth under his pillow for the very last time tonight. 

And you know what?  It made me a little sad.

When the kids went for their 6 month checkups on Monday, Dr. Buzz informed me that Matthew had but one baby tooth left.   Honestly, I had no idea.   He could have said 4 and I would have believed him.

The problem was that that this one remaining tooth was not at all loose, but the adult tooth was coming through the side of his gum.   Ewww!  Until Dr. Buzz called me over and lifted his upper lip, I had no idea.  

Yeah, that's why I'm not winning "Mother of the Year."   Again.

Since Matthew is currently on the "doesn't-need-braces-track," I wasn't about to let this snaggle fang mess things up, so they asked us to come back in today to have it pulled.

His appointment was for right after school, so we decided to do his sealants at the same time rather than get both kids to school even later on Monday.   I had Matt dismissed early today and off to the dentist we went.   They gave him some laughing gas to relax him, but for whatever reason instead of making him happy and relaxed, he was fidgety and agitated.    Really?!?

#thingsthatdidntgoasplanned

Then, once they finally got the sealers on, his mouth numbed up and him relaxed (enough) he got the hiccups.

#youcantmakethisstuffup

Between a pricey bill at the dentist and a visit from the tooth fairy, this was one expensive tooth to lose.  Still, I can't help feel like it's another reminder that my little guy isn't so little.

No comments: