After months of on-and-off pinning on Pinterest, searching on Houzz.com and random trips to tile stores that left me completely overwhelmed, my master bathroom project had stalled out. The only thing I knew (or thought I knew) was that I liked the tile that looks like distressed hardwood floors.
But since our bathroom is a complete gut, floors alone won't cut it.
Luckily, my friend Lanesia who has amazingly fabulous taste offered to help me get the ball rolling. Friday was tile store day. The first two stores were largely educational . . . use this, don't use that, this is harder to clean, this is too shiny, that's too busy, etc.
Then we went to the third store . . . and OH MY STARS . . . I started to get excited! They had all kinds of unusual and beautiful tile! Within 30 minutes or so I had put together a tile "scheme."
I left with a bounce in my step and a smile on my face. The lady who helped us took my email and said she would send me the prices of my selections by the end of the day.
The little tiles for the shower floor and in-sets wasn't too bad. The bone colored subway tile (the two small rectangle pieces) for the shower was a bargain, relatively speaking. But those beautiful hexagon tiles for the floor.....OH MY GOSH! Cha-ching!
I haven't written them off. Yet. Hoping to sit down with our contractor next week to find out how much we need of everything (which in the case of the floor is a lot). Maybe there is a way we can still make it work.
Plus the idea of going back to the drawing board makes me sick to my stomach.
Saturday, August 29, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment