This morning, the kids at I were at KES at 7 am to help host a Welcome Back breakfast for the teachers. Gracie was thrilled to see all her old teachers and was busy sizing up the 4th grade team. Matt was showered with comments about how much he's grown and questions about middle school. As he seems to spend a lot of time feeling embarrassed and uncomfortable with attention lately (not my favorite side effect of growing up/puberty), he managed to muster a reasonable amount of enthusiasm.
From the breakfast we headed to Dr. Moss for Matthew's 12 year check up and sports physical. He has decided to run Cross Country, so there was a form to get filled out before practice starts later this week, too. As it turns out, the teachers' comments about Matthew growing were well-founded, as he is 2 inches taller than he was last year at this time.
After lunch, Matt and I were off to Woodland for Back to School Day for 6th graders. We got his locker, team assignment and schedule.
We put a shelf in his locker and we added a couple of magnets (all the decoration he was willing to consider) and he practiced opening it. I asked if he wanted a small mirror for the door and he replied, "What for?"
#thedifferencebetweenboysandgirls #whoneedsamirrorwhenyoulookthisgood
Mom has a bit of anxiety about his team assignment (which is a really long story), but I'm trying to stay positive and keep an open mind. He was thrilled to find he has focus period (study hall) at the end of the day and that his pal, Sam, was in his homeroom.
As for me, I was thrilled to write 6 SEPARATE CHECKS at Woodland today. One for PTO membership, one for INVEST (fundraising), one for an athletic pass, another for standard fees, one for band fees (seriously? I already bought the trumpet!) and a last one for Cross Country fees.
We didn't even order a Woodland t-shirt yet.


No comments:
Post a Comment