Monday, February 22, 2016

Celebrating Valentine's a little bit longer?

This is not going to be a terribly exciting post. I'm talking holiday decorations, storage and being forgetful...or worse yet, setting myself up in the most obvious way to forget.  

You see, I love decorating the house for the seasons/holidays.  When it's time to take them down, I take out the Rubbermaid(s) for that season and load everything back in.  This year, as I took down all things Valentine/hearts, I thought I'd be smart and leave the box out for another day or two, because just when you think you're done, something magically appears and you have to drag the box back out to reload.  The storage in our house is not only inadequate, it's also inconvenient, so it's kind of a pain. I congratulated myself on my forward thinking last weekend when it was time to fully put the box back in to the attic.  

Of course, that feeling of pride was short lived when today I pulled out the Easter/spring box and discovered a couple Valentine's items that clearly had "missed the box" last year (I think I bought them on the after-holiday-sales) and for some reason stashed them here.  I'm absolutely sure I somehow convinced myself that I would remember that they were in there (or see them, since the box is clear) and pull them out for Valentine's Day. 

Insert laugh track here. 

Needless to say, I forgot.
 
Given my frequent posts about my children (especially my first born) saying the words "I forgot" so much that it seems like an attempt to send me to the funny farm, I was reminded that perhaps the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. 

No comments: