A lovely, albeit busy, Valentine's weekend. First, I patted myself on the back for finishing up my class-party-throwing-duties for the year for this cutie.
On Friday night, Matt and I were off to the set up/dress rehearsal for the youth Valentine's Variety show at church. He was playing his trumpet and part of two other skits. He's still finding his way with the youth group activities at the new church, so I was so proud of him for participating.
Saturday morning we went to Matt's last regular season basketball game of the season. Can I get an "Amen?"
In an interesting twist, they didn't actually play the game. The other team had to forfeit because they didn't have enough players (I'd place big money that they had a slew of sick kids!). However, those that did show, plus our team, split up and did two 10 minute scrimmages, so the morning wasn't a total waste.
Then after lunch Matthew wanted to bring a special Valentine to his friend Parker. What did he get her? A chocolate heart and a New England Patriots t-shirt. She gave him a Seattle Seahawks pennant, so really it just goes to show that they are the kind of friends that really know each other well.
Still, it makes me giggle. Especially since Matthew decided to go ahead and get dressed up for the Variety show (they also served the dinner so dressed as waiters in dress pants and white shirts) before we went to Parker's to deliver his gift. Y'all, he volunteered to put on a tie, too (Seattle Seahawks botwie, of course!)!
The dinner and variety show was great on Saturday night. When we arrived at 4, I learned the Youth Director was sick and I found myself in charge of the variety show portion of the evening. The kids did an amazing job, but I felt like I was floundering, largely because I had never seen the show before and I hardly knew any of the kids name (it was grades 5-12). There was lots of "Who is in this skit?" and "I'm looking for Rob/Chloe/Maggie!"
This morning it was back to church for worship! My sweet husband and kids also gave me these beautiful flowers!
Then Gracie's pal, Will, stopped by and brought her a box of chocolates. She also had a small box for him and a card she had made. Oh my! Didn't these two just start kindergarten together?
We wrapped up Valentine's with a fun tradition of fondue dinner! Actually, we just did the cheese and dessert course and made homemade pizza for dinner. The pizza was supposed to be heart shaped, but ended up a funky oblong shape. Not attractive, but very tasty. Better luck next year, I guess.
Regardless, it was a wonderful Valentine's Day. The kids are off school tomorrow for a teacher work day/President's Day. While they want to stay up a bit late, I plan to hit the sack as soon as I hit "publish!"
Sunday, February 14, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment