Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Viva la Garth!

For once, my lag in blogging is a result of being to busy doing exciting things.  You know, not because I don't have anything to say or am just can't get around to sitting down to type something up.

You see, last Friday I took my very first trip to Las Vegas.  

Yes, it was Tammy and I for three days in Sin City, the Gambling Capital of the World and "What happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas."   Why Las Vegas?  Neither of us gamble or drink more than on occasional glass of win, so it's not the girls trip you might expect.

Two words:  Garth Brooks

Of course, one might also wonder why we had to go all the way out to Nevada to see Garth, but apparently "politics" often keep some of the biggest stars in country music from performing right here in Music City.  #letthemsing   #Ihatepolitics 

But let me tell you, it was worth every mile because Garth was AMAZING!


Tammy scored some amazing seats right on the floor, so it was an event better experience.   The only bummer was we had tickets to the second of two shows that night, which meant it started at 10:30 pm.   Of course, the first show ran long, so by the time the emptied out the arena from that one and then got all of us in, the concert didn't start until 11:15.

 #earlybedtime  #noyawninginVegas

But the dark circles under my eyes were worth it, because he performed until 2:15 am.   3 solid hours of amazing, sing-a-long music!

Of course, we had two days to amuse ourselves before the concert, so we spent time in the spa, toured all the hotels, visited the fancy-schmancy stores, saw of Rock of Ages (omigosh---LOVE!!), ate at some fabulous restaurants and enjoyed some of the best people watching around.

#skirtsshouldcoveryourbutt  #whydoeseveryonesmoke  #kidsoutpastmidnight

Now that I've seen Vegas, I'm not sure I have the desire to go back.  Loud, hot and crowded is not really my scene.  But our trip was one I will NEVER forget.

And less you think we completely bypassed all the casinos, know that we both plunked $1 into a slot machine.  

And lost.

I guess what happens in Vegas really does stay in Las Vegas.

No comments: