Saturday, September 24, 2016

Another "last" . . . .

Yesterday was my last Family Fun Night.   

I've had kids at the elementary school for the last 8 years and once I simply "attended" the event, which was when Matt was in kindergarten.  Safe to say, there  isn't an aspect that I haven't worked on over the last 7 years.    And while they've all been good, I think this may have been the best one yet.   

And it's OVER.   Whoo hoo!!

I caught a couple fleeting glances of my kids, one of which was Gracie in line at the photo booth, where she obliged me with a quick picture!
This morning, with the help of my kids, I finished up the last of the Family Fun Night duties and we picked up trash at the school grounds.  Glamorous!    #IhateDumDumSuckers  #GiveAHootDon'tPollute

Did I mention this was my LAST Family Fun Night??!??

This afternoon, while Bassam and Matt went golfing, Gracie and I made a quick trip over the Tennessee Craft Fair at Centennial Park.    As it was the 80-millionth day over temperatures over 90 degrees (maybe a slight exaggeration) we made just one loop, grabbed a lemon shake-up and were on  our way, minus a quick stop for a picture by Spirit of Nashville.   
I was on the look out for a cool statement ring, but had no luck.  I settled for three beautiful blown-glass pumpkins, which I hope to put out, along with the rest of my fall decorations, next week.

On the whole, the rest of the day was pretty lazy. Well deserved, I think!   College football, 4 loads of laundry and a NCIS marathon. 

Tomorrow I get working on Book Fair! 

No comments: