Wednesday, November 9, 2016

5 things I know

Here are 5 things I know . . . .

1.  I hate daylight savings time.  Or is it the end of Daylight Savings Time?  I can never keep it straight.  All I know is as soon as it gets dark, I get tired.   And since that happens at 5:00 pm and the kids have activities after 5 pm on 4 out of 5 school nights, I'm pretty much hosed.

2.  I deleted my Facebook app today. I just can't, y'all.  The world needs more love, and it's not to be found on social media right now.   I congratulate my friends and family who are fans of "the other side of the aisle."   You will never hear me say, "He's not MY President," or any similar comments I've listened to for the last 8 years.  Donald Trump is the President-elect of the United States.  Period. Yes, I'm shocked and sad for more reasons than I could possibly outline here. If you're interested, I'm happy to tell you why one-on-one.   However, the majority of you don't care (which is perfectly fine) and I'm too tired to rant (see #1 above).

3. Fall weather has finally arrived in Nashville.   It's the second week of November, so it's about stinkin' time.

4.  The end of the world might be coming. Not because the Cubs finally won the World Series or because Donald Trump is the President-elect of the United States, but because on Tuesday I took Matthew shopping and he willingly picked out 2 pair of jeans and a pair of pants.   Praise God!  If the world is ending, at least Matthew will be wearing pants that fit.

5.  Charlie got a haircut today.  Before he was stinky and shaggy and now he is sleek and not smelly! That's the good part.  The bad part is that once again, he pooped on the floor at the vet's office, even though he went RIGHT BEFORE WE GOT IN THE CAR.  A quick search of Google tells me Nervous Bowel Syndrome isn't an actual diagnosis, but I'm here to tell you IT IS A REAL THING. The dog shakes like a leaf the minute we walk in the door at the vet and the next thing you know, he's got to go.   Right there.  Right then.

Oh, Charlie.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Its been a rough election year. I wish too that I didn't know what people felt in their hearts. I did not once comment on politics this season, and kept my page politics free. I don't know if that was a good thing to do or not, but it helped keep less drama in my life so in that way I'm glad I stayed out of it.

Today I am praying for our USA and the freedoms it holds for all people. That kindness is part of the next 4 years. That people reach out and try to understand why so many people are hurting & lend a hand to help those in pain. Love and miss you, Beth