Sunday, April 2, 2017

Sunday sleepiness . . .

It's Sunday night and I need a nap.

On Saturday morning, Gracie and I were up early and off to scenic White House, TN for a baton competition.  It was the first USTA competition we had done (it's one of the governing bodies, and they all have their own rules).  I'm not sure it was Gracie's favorite, but she had a pretty good day and got to see some AMAZING twirlers, including a 48 year old coach who was attempting to qualify for Worlds.  First of all, I didn't know we had "Worlds," but second of all, she was completely inspirational!  Lots of high school girls working on their qualifications for Nationals at the competition, too.

Gracie competed at either the novice or beginner level in each of her events. There wasn't a ton of competition in her divisions, but she managed to come home with a first in best appearing, a first in military strut (only one competing for that--nice!), and first in novice solo.  She tried her solo again at the beginner level and scored 4th and she pulled out a 2nd in basic strut.   We wrapped up in mid-afternoon and she left tired, but with a smile on her face.


Last night, we had dinner at my parents and got to visit my Aunt Jane, Uncle George, cousin Theresa and her kids who were stopping through on their way home from Orange Beach, AL (aka "The Redneck Riviera").  So happy to catch up with them all.

This morning, Gracie and I were off to serve breakfast at downtown for the folks at the women and children's shelter with her Sunday School class. Then this afternoon, while I was off to meet with the Girl Scouts to work on their Bronze Award, Matt and Bassam snuck off to play their second round of golf for the weekend.  Matt beat Uncle Wad for the first time and is on cloud 9.     I suspect Matt will not let him forget it either!

So those are the highlights.  We weren't home much, but everyone got to do things that made them happy.  Can't ask for much more than that!

No comments: