The kids are off for a week at church camp. And somewhere along the line I decided it would be a good idea to use the time they were gone to not only clean out their rooms but also paint them.
Actually, I also wanted to have the carpet replaced, but I didn't quite get my act in gear on getting it ordered.
Today I removed almost everything from their rooms/closets (less the bed), shopped for paint and other supplies and spackled the walls. Y'all, that took most of the day.
I'm over it--and haven't put a drop of paint on the walls yet.
Tomorrow I hope to get the sanding and priming done (I painted navy blue stripes on Matt's walls years ago which looks awesome but I think is going to be troublesome to cover), along with the trim in both rooms. Hoping I get the color up on Wednesday and then spend part of Thursday and Friday (not the whole day--mama needs a pedicure and a trip to Nordstrom!) putting the rooms and closets back together.
My kids are hoarders. #FutureTLCstars
This is an ambitious plan, but since their crap is now piled up in the hallway, guest room and bonus room, it has to be done. Wish me luck!
Monday, July 10, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment