I think this is officially the longest I have gone without posting. I have thought about doing it multiple times, but laundry, sleeping, picking up kids or otherwise working always seems to take priority.
It's not just the blog that has been ignored. The DVR is overflowing with shows I want to watch. There are house projects that have been been on what seems like a permanent "to do list." The dog needs more walks. The pantry needs to be cleaned. The shelf on my coffee table has two half read books and a stack of unread magazines.
Despite that, there has been plenty of good. Matt's golf season wrapped up, including a fantastic end of year party at Top Golf. Gracie competed at Twirltacular in Birmingham this past weekend and left with two titles (Hall of Fame Grand Champion and Strut Queen Grand Champion), plus a handful of 1st and 2nd place finishes in her other events.
My dad and I saw Kenny Roger's Farewell concert last week. It was amazing! Over 20 artists took the stage to honor Kenny, including Kris Kristofferson, the Oak Ridge Boys, Reba McEntire, Chris Stapleton, Lady A, Little Big Town, Lionel Richie, The Flaming Lips, Elle King, Crystal Gayle, the Gatlin Brothers, Lee Greenwood, the Judds and of course, Dolly Parton. So much talent in one room!
Matt and Gracie had their first band concert of the year last Thursday. I helped with the chili dinner beforehand and then sat back to enjoy the Halloween-themed selections.
And of course tomorrow is HALLOWEEN! Costumes have been purchased and altered (thank you, Mom), trick-or-treat plans made, and candy bought and hidden away. Unfortunately, we haven't carved our pumpkins, but I have high(-ish) hopes for tonight.
So that's a quick update. I'll try to stay more on top of things here at "And Charlie Makes 5."
Which reminds me, Charlie is fine, too. Sleeping through the night once again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment