Twas the last day of book fair
And all through my house
There wasn't a thing to eat
Not even for a mouse
The laundry was piled up
In and near the hampers without care
With hopes that the children
Won't run out of clean underwear
There's mail on the desk
And boxes stacked on the floor
I'll try to finish Christmas decorations next week
And not a minute before
I have 165 unread emails
It's a new record, you see
But if you're waiting for a response
You might want to call me
Now it's Friday
And the weekend is almost here
Book fair closes at 2 pm
And I won't shed a tear
We'll stack them, we'll pack them
We'll count all the cash
Maybe I'll celebrate
With an end-of-book fair bash
Or I might just go home
And chill in my chair
Wearing jammies and eating pizza
Counting down the days until the next fair

No comments:
Post a Comment