Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Music, math and formal wear!

12 snowflakes fell from the sky last night and we STILL had school today.

Can you believe it?

It's been a busy week or so since I last posted.   On Thursday and Friday, Matt participated in the Williamson County Honor Band.  He sat first trumpet and we were so proud.  They gave an amazing performance on Friday night.   

On Saturday, both kids were off to a Math competition a local high school.   Spending your Saturday doing math . . . .yeah, I'm not sure they are my kids sometime.  Except for the fact that they completely look like me.  Anyway, Gracie placed in one test, earning a 12th place medal.  Matthew placed in both Geometry tests scoring 7th and 3rd.   

Luckily, their dad is a super smarty.  I can give them all the band nerdiness, but math . . . I'm out.  

In the meantime, I have now purchased 6 different dresses for Gracie's cotillion.   It's over a month away, but I don't want to be shopping at the last minute.   It's hard to find something that is age appropriate and in her size.   We've now returned 3 of the 6 and the last one, which I bought today, just might be the winner.   Although I did notice Gracie has a few more opened on the laptop. When will it end?   In related news, she has also decided that when the time comes, she would like to buy her wedding dress at Kleinfeld's and be on "Say Yes to the Dress." 

Oh boy. 

School is continuing to keep us busy.  Matt missed Friday to participate in Honor Band rehearsals and literally spent the rest of the weekend (after the math competition, of course) doing homework. I hope his social studies teacher liked the project he turned in on Monday because trust me when I tell you IT WAS A FAMILY EFFORT!

Unless he gets a bad grade, and then it's all Matt.  Ha ha! 




No comments: