Thursday, February 8, 2018

Four eyes . . . . sometimes!

I went for an eye exam today.  I'd call it my "annual eye exam," except this is only the time I've had two in a the span of a year.   Okay, maybe it was a 16 month span.  Before that it was 4 years earlier, then maybe 6 before that.  I'm getting better.

The bad news?  I still need reading glasses.   Not all the time.  But I must admit, it seems like I need them more often now than I did three months ago.  The good news?  Although I may need them more, my prescription has not changed and I still haven't hit the +1.0 point (which unfortunately is the lowest prescription you typically find on store shelves).

Although last year I had a pair made at Warby Parker, my friend Dana swears by Peepers so I bought a couple spare pairs (by not wearing them often, I do seem to misplace my glasses often).  I had to up my strength to a 1.0 to buy them there, but I bought this pair that Oprah loves.

If it's good enough for Oprah, it's good enough for me, right?. 

Unfortunately, they may just make me look like Iris Apfel.  Don't get me wrong, Iris is an icon. But I need to up my accessory game to keep up with her.  And age about 60 years. 




No comments: