I blinked and then weekend came and went.
Friday, I cut my hair. Big time. It was way too long and I decided a cut for a good cause was exactly what I needed to get it done. With that said, I have 11" ponytails to send to Pantene Beautiful Lengths. I'm still adjusting to my short 'do, but look forward to using much less shampoo and conditioner.
Sunday was Father's Day. We had my parents, B's folks and his brother over for lunch. It was hot, but not so bad that we couldn't eat dinner out on the porch. Always a plus, since it's my biggest dining table.
Yesterday, a former colleague from USC Aiken was in Nashville with his family for vacation. I hadn't seen him in probably 12 years, at which point he only had a 3 year old and an infant. I didn't even have Gracie yet. Anyway, Tim, Jenny and their 3 boys ages 11-16 came over for dinner and we had a great time catching up. The kids got along wonderfully, so there was plenty of time for grown up conversation.
Speaking of colleges, my Facebook feed has been flooded of pictures from friends with kids on college visits or going to summer orientation. Of course, everyone asks, "Where does the time go?" I saw a lot of Orientation students first hand when I was at UT last week. That was even sweeter because their orientation staff sported orange polos, much like the one I wore 24 years ago when I worked as an Orientation Student Leader at Illinois for 2 summers.
Nobody walks backwards pointing out campus highlights better than me.
But those college visits will be here for us before you know it. It's exciting to think where Matt schools Matt want to look at. Will he venture out of the South? Is there any chance of a trip to University of Illinois?
Where does the time go?
Tuesday, June 19, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment