Friday, August 10, 2018

Big days . . . school days

So yesterday this happened. . . . .
15 years old and driver's learning permit in hand.   And no, he didn't drive home. 

I'm giving serious thought to how I can "fix" the DMV.   I'm only half kidding.  I also think I could be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize if I figure it out. #NotKiddingAtAll

Less than 24 hours later, the kids were back to school.   Both were up early (never an issue for my kids) and dressed and ready with plenty of time for me to "torture" them with pictures.  I do enjoy how they act surprised that I'm going to take them.  We started in preschool, so I've been doing this for the last 13 years without fail.  #BetterLuckNextYear

It was only a 1/2 day, so I managed to get nothing done while there were gone except for making a few phone calls, getting a haircut and picking up some last minute school supplies at Office Max.  Then it was time to get back in the highly disorganized middle school carline.   Between construction, confusion of new families, 100 out of zone families (can't take the bus), and the fact that it's the first day, there was all kinds of chaos.  And not controlled chaos.   Opportunity for another Nobel Peace Prize?

286 days until summer vacation! 

No comments: