Thursday, August 16, 2018

Rain out

Matt was supposed to have a golf match today, but it got cancelled because from 2 -2:30 it got very dark, thundered, and rained hard.   Not good golfing conditions, to be sure.  But by 3:00 the skies had cleared, the sun was shining, and of course it was very, very steamy..   But there must be some rule about how early you have to cancel because at 2:15 I had an email saying the match was a no go.  It was at an in-town course (the one Bassam and Matt regularly play at), with another team in our town, so it's a shame they couldn't hold off before making the call.   Oh well.

Poor Matt. Having no match didn't free up his evening one bit.  Instead he has marching band until 6:15.   Then it's on to homework.

I kind of hate marching band.  And as a band nerd myself, this is saying a lot.  I try not to let Matt know how I feel, so keep this just between us, okay?

RIP Aretha Franklin.   I first "met" her in the Blue Brothers . . . but soon learned she was sooooo much more.

No comments: