Friday, October 26, 2018

Dances and band woes

Survived another week.

Except it isn't quite over.

Gracie is off at her middle school dance tonight.  She went with a gaggle of girls, most wearing sleeveless dresses.   They looked adorable, except it's cold and rainy today.  Not ideal.  I also couldn't get Gracie's foot in a cute shoe or boot for the dance, instead she's wearing black high-top Converse.
Sigh.

Matt is off at his last regular season football game.  It's an away game, so we opted not to go.  It's also cold and rainy, as mentioned above.   #ThanksButNoThanks

Of course, the marching band fun continues tomorrow.   They have their last competition of the season and Matt has to be at school at 5:30 am.   They have one of the earliest performance times, which would be a great thing, except you don't know if you make the finals until 5:30 pm. 

Yes, 12 HOUR LATER.

If they make it, they perform again some time after 7 pm and the estimated return time to school is 12:15 am.

Yes, that would be over 18 HOURS LATER.

If they don't make finals, they will be home at 9:15 pm. #Save3Hours

I volunteered for the Pit Crew thinking if they didn't make it, I could get Matt home for his Confirmation rehearsal at 6:30, but honestly, even if we left 5 minutes after awards at 5:30, I'm not sure we can make it.   #VolunteerFail

I really want the kids to make it to finals.  I hope they have their best performance yet.   In my limited understanding of the world of marching band (because this isn't what my experience was back in the early 90s), as a smaller band, we need to win our division to ensure we make it to finals.

I hope it happens. Yet, getting home before Saturday turns to Sunday would be nice.

No comments: