I decided that instead of making one of my resolutions getting more organized (although I do want to), I will instead resolve to purge more. Don't get me wrong -- I love my stuff and I am quite sentimental. Still, with less stuff, I know I will be more organized. At least I think I will.
And it's not like I am some kind of disorganized slug. I just used to be really organized . . . and I miss that. And when I say "used to be" . . . I don't mean as a child. I'm fairly certain I was a messy kid. But once I was "grown up" and had my own place, I just remember feeling that it was nice to be in control of my stuff and my space. My space nor stuff was not that nice, but it was mine and even with the crazy hours I used to work, I could always find time to keep it organized. Getting married didn't affect it too much . . . but having kids? Oh yeah! It's not necessarily them and their stuff, I mean Bassam and I have stuff, too. But it's the constant chaos and amount of paraphernalia (especially books and toys) that we've accumulated since becoming a family of four.
Today while Bassam and Matthew were at the Vandy game, Gracie and I tackled her room. It was already clean and reasonably organized, but we went through the closets, book shelves and drawers anyway and came up with another box of clothes for Renn, two bags of stuff for Goodwill and a bag of garbage (all while rocking out to Justin Bieber on her new CD player!). While I did the big stuff, Gracie sorted out her mirror table and organized all her jewelry and silly bands.
So that's how the year has started out on our end . . . how about you?
my little organization-loving girl!

1 comment:
Too cute. I'm told the "disorganization" continues at least until the kids go off to college ;)
Post a Comment